You tell yourself you are going to get up at 4am to start working on your dream business, but you just keep hitting the snooze button. Or you promise yourself you’ll draft your article after the kids go to bed, but then you collapse on the couch. With both of these scenarios you end up feeling unproductive, deflated and overwhelmed.
This is because you are not being true to YOUR natural body rhythms and trying to work during you peak times. This concepts applies to your parenting style as well. If you have more energy in the morning for your kids, take advantage of that time with them. If you get you burst of energy in the afternoon, take them to the park then!
Watch this video for more of my ideas on how to work and parent during you peak times. And I am my own case study, I tried to shoot this video at 10:30 at night….not my peak time!! You also get to see my beautiful birthday flowers from my husband!
So if you are a morning person, you can crash on the couch after kids bedtimes without feeling guilty and if you work better at night you can skip the early morning wake up call all together!
1. Spend some time decided what your peak time is.
2. Compartmentalize your To-Do list into actions that need peak focus and those that don’t.
3. Write in your “focus” tasks on your calendar during your peak times.
4. Plan a fun activity with your kids during your peak kid time (and pick out a movie for your non-peak time!)
5. Work hard during your peak time and don’t feel guilty during the other time!
Leave a comment below telling me what your peak time of the day is and how you plan to use it.