Hey, mama, are you trying to do it all? Grow your list, create your new product, pitch guest posts, start a podcast, get the kids to dance lessons, get dinner on the table and plan Pinterest-worthy holidays?
I’m exhausted just writing that. People talk about whether women can “have it all,” but what I think it’s important to remember is that you don’t have to do it all.
Let me repeat that: You do not have to do All.The.Things.
Trying to do everything leads to overwhelm. Ironically, many time when we try to do everything, nothing happens.
What would happen if you did less—but focused on the right things to move your business forward?
What if you:
- Gave up on creating new workbooks for every module of your class and used old handouts for this round
- Hired somebody to set up your blog posts and newsletters and social each week
- Asked a pro to help you plan for Thanksgiving
- Focused on just one offer for the next quarter
- Doubled down on the one product that makes the most money
- Got extra babysitting so that you could get your holiday shopping done and finish your new opt-in
- Looked at what you need most in your business (and life) right now and only work on things that move you towards that one thing
I get it. I get wanting to push forward on all your amazing ideas. I get wanting your business to grow RIGHT NOW. And I know that trying to actually do it all doesn’t work.
If your calendar is overflowing and you can’t seem to get it all done, it’s time to stop thinking of yourself as failing and start getting really clear on what you need to be doing.
When I do 90 day plans for my own business, I start by evaluating my business’s high level goals and values and deciding what pieces are missing and what I am most excited to create (that people want to buy!). So often we get so busy doing, we fail to stop and ask, “Does this make sense? Is this moving me in the direction I want to go?”
Once you have clarity on exactly the direction you want to take your business over the next 90 days you can set a solid action plan to get there. I created Your Next 90 Days to walk you through the process of:
- evaluating your business goals and values
- creating a solid action plan
- Mapping things out step-by-step so you know exactly what needs to be done and when to do it
- Busting through those nagging fear and mindset issues that pop up for all of us.
- Creating a weekly workflow so you can get new business project done while still accomplishing all the other tasks you need to in your business and your life.
Doing the higher level planning is essential to making your weekly and day-to-day plans work. That’s why the Mama CEO Planner is a full system this year, including Your Next 90 Days. You get a paper planner to plan out your monthly, weekly, and daily goals, plus track income, web traffic, client goals and other metrics. But you also get the tools you need to do the high-level and detailed planning so that what you put in your planner makes sense and moves you forward.
As we wrap up the year, we want to finish strong—and look ahead to the new year. I urge you to dream big and focused for 2017. Focusing on the right things is one of the secrets to my success.
I’ll be talking more about focusing on one thing and spilling other key factors to my success on November 7. And it’s not just my success—I interviewed other success Mama CEOs and pulled together the keys that worked again and again.
Come find the keys to your success — join me for Secret of My Success: The Key Steps From Accomplished Female Entrepreneurs and get ready to move your business forward without doing all the things.